Colosseum and Roman Empire walking tour
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Walking tour with private guide|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Immerse yourself into the Ancient Rome with an expert guide at your disposal who will bring the ruins to life and will show you everything about Romans time.
You will visit the Colosseum once known as Amphiteatrum Flavium, built in the 1st Century AD by the Emperor Vespasian and theatre for gladiators battles and executions. You will listen tails of bloody fights and events that will bring you back to the Roman Empire.
You will also step on the Roman Forum, the very heart of political, religious and commercial activities of the city, where many temples and monuments were built in the past. From the Arch of Constantine you will walk through the Via Sacra or Sacred way, following the path of the triumphal processions for winning leaders to the ruins of the altar were Julius Caesar was cremated.
Next the Palatine Hill, the most famous of the seven hills of Rome where the legend says Romolus and Remus were found and raised by the she-wolf. From there you will enjoy the panoramic view of the Colosseum, Roman Forums and the Circus Maximus where chariot races were held.
Main sites visited
- Roman Forums
- Palatine Hill
- Constantine arch
- Via Sacra (Sacred way)
- Private official guide
- Colosseum and Roman Forums admission tickets
- No other admission tickets required
- Transports are not included in the price
- Especially in summer weather could be quite hot, therefore we recommend to bring with you water, head cover, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion
- No specific dress code is required, however we suggest to wear comfortable shoes