Viterbo and Villa Lante private excursion
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Private tour with English speaking driver|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Take your chance for a relaxing day out of Rome and immerse yourself into the Renaissance harmony with a private excursion to Viterbo and Villa Lante.
Viterbo is one of the best preserved medieval towns of central Italy renowned for the many Renaissance squares and fountains, it is so-called the City of Popes thanks to the five papal elections and the seven popes who resided there with the Curias. The Palazzo Comunale located in the very heart of the city was the symbol of the civic life and houses a series of 16th century and Baroque frescoes that you will admire, together with the exquisite arcades in the loggia of the Papal Palace and the Romanesque Cathedral of San Lorenzo.
The magnificent Villa Lante della Rovere next awaits you right out of Viterbo town: wandering along the huge park of the Villa you will be captured by the spectacular water jets and geometrical gardens all around the symmetrical buildings, in a perfect fusion between artworks and nature.
You will return to your hotel after exploring the Roman countryside, so much loved and celebrated by the writer Goethe in the report of his Italian Journey.
Main sites visited
- Viterbo town
- Villa Lante della Rovere
- Palazzo Comunale in Viterbo
- Cathedral of San Lorenzo in Viterbo
- Roman countryside
- Private transportation with driver
- Villa Lante della Rovere admission tickets
- No other admission tickets included
- Extras and meals are not included in the price
- Especially in summer weather could be quite hot, therefore we recommend to bring with you water, head cover, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion
- No specific dress code is required, however we suggest to wear comfortable shoes