Cruise excursion from Venice port
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Private tour with boat service and official guide|
|Meeting point:||At Venice port|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Exploit your time in the Floating City with a private excursion in Venice that will bring the Doges times to life, thanks to your guide and a private boat cruise along the Grand Canal.
After a brief transfer from the ship you will meet your private guide for an overview of the city by boat. You will see majestic palaces overlooking the Grand Canal, once owned by the most powerful Venetian families, you will pass under the renowned Rialto Bridge and enjoy a stunning view of the St. Mark basin from the water.
Your guide will then lead you to St. Mark’s Square: you will enter the imposing Basilica that will surprise you for the richness of the Byzantine gold ground mosaics, the statues and the altarpiece Pala d’Oro, a piece of St. Mark’s Treasure. You will then proceed your walk admiring the magnificent Doge’s Palace, the Bridge of Sighs and the other buildings of the huge square, before proceeding through intricate alleys to Castello district and the Santa Maria Formosa Church.
After the tour you will have time for having lunch and enjoying the city on your own, finally at the agreed time you will meet again your private boat for the transfer back to the ship.
Main sites visited
- Rialto Bridge
- St. Mark's Basilica and Pala d’Oro altarpiece
- Grand Canal
- St. Mark's Square and Bridge of Sighs
- Doge's Palace (from outside)
- Santa Maria Formosa Church
- Official guide for four hours
- Private boat for one hour
- Roundtrip boat transfers from and to the ship with English speaking escort
- St. Mark's Basilica and Treasure admission tickets
- Other admission tickets are not included
- Other transports and meals are not included in the price
- Shorts, tank tops and sleeveless garments are not allowed in churches, therefore in summer you can carry a sweater or other item of clothing to wrap around your bare shoulders before entering any holy sites
- Please remember that pictures and filming are not allowed inside St. Mark’s Basilica, before entering the church it is mandatory to deposit bulky luggage and bags in the cloakroom beside it
- To visit some churches you could be asked a symbolic contribution used for maintenance and restoration of artworks, to be paid on the spot