Cruise excursion from Civitavecchia port
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Private excursion with English speaking driver and official guide|
|Meeting point:||At Civitavecchia port|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Enjoy a day in Rome with an excursion from Civitavecchia port and exploit your time visiting the main highlights of the Eternal City with a driver and a guide at your disposal.
Your driver will pick you up at the port and at your arrival in Rome you will meet the guide who will lead you through the ruins of the Ancient Roman times. You will step into the Colosseum and the Roman Forums, the very heart of civic and religious life, afterwards you will enjoy a tour of the Vatican museums with its impressive art collections, the ceiling fresco of the Sistine’s Chapel by Michelangelo and Saint Peter’s Basilica, the biggest church in the world!
In the afternoon your English speaking driver will introduce you to the main sites of the modern ages: you will admire the Pantheon, formerly a temple of all gods where two kings of Italy are buried, the Renaissance masterpieces of Piazza Navona including the astonishing Bernini’s Fountain of Four Rivers, Trevi Fountain, the imposing Spanish Steps and many other spots.
Before returning back to the ship you will enjoy one of the most breathtaking views of Rome from the Pincio terrace, that will give you an unforgettable memory of this incomparable city.
Main sites visited
- Colosseum and Roman Forums
- Vatican Museums and Sistine's Chapel (not available on Sundays)
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Piazza Navona
- Private transportation with driver
- Official guide for four hours
- Colosseum and Roman Forums admission tickets
- Vatican Museums admission tickets
- Meals not included.
- No other admission tickets required.
- Shorts, tank tops and sleeveless garments are not allowed in churches, therefore in summer you can carry a sweater or other item of clothing to wrap around your bare shoulders before entering any holy sites
- Especially in summer weather could be quite hot, therefore we recommend to bring with you water, head cover, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion