The very best of Venice private tour
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Walking tour with private guide and boat service|
|Meeting point:||To be arranged upon hotel location|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Explore Venice with your guide and a private boat cruise on the Grand Canal that will make you discover the main sites of the city from an unexpected point of view.
You will visit the Scuola Grande di San Rocco together with the monumental Basilica dedicated to St. Roch and fully decorated with canvas by Tintoretto, the Campo dei Frari and the Frari's Basilica hosting funerary monuments of many Doges and Titian's tomb. Before reaching the Rialto Bridge the guide will show you San Giacomo di Rialto, considered the most ancient church in Venice.
After meeting your private boat you will understand immediately why Venice is called the Floating City going through all the Palaces overlooking the Grand Canal, once owned by the most influential families of the city, and the imposing Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute standing on a narrow finger of land at the end of the Canal.
You will then enter in the St. Mark's basin for an outstanding view of the square from the water: admire the Bridge of Sights, the Gothic Doge's Palace and the magnificent facade of the St. Mark's Basilica, adorned with the bronze horses stolen during the Sack of Constantinople in 1204.
Main sites visited
- Bridge of Sighs
- St. Mark’s Square
- Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica (from outside)
- Frari's Basilica
- St. Roch's Church and Confraternity
- Santa Maria della Salute's Basilica
- Private official guide
- Private boat for one hour
- St. Roch's Church and Confraternity admission tickets
- Other admission tickets are not included
- Other transports are not included in the price
- Shorts, tank tops and sleeveless garments are not allowed in churches, therefore in summer you can carry a sweater or other item of clothing to wrap around your bare shoulders before entering any holy sites.
- To visit some churches you could be asked a symbolic contribution used for maintenance and restoration of artworks, to be paid on the spot