Wonders of water in Rome walking tour
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Walking tour with private guide|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Discover the greatest expression of the Renaissance art with a private walking tour, going through marvellous squares and fountains in the very heart of Rome.
You will start the journey from Piazza del Popolo, one of the most scenic squares of Rome hosting the central Obelisk’s Fountain with four lions on a stepped plinth, then you will reach the Spanish Steps and the Barcaccia Fountain, designed by Gian Lorenzo Bernini and his father Pietro. A few steps away is the magnificent Trevi Fountain, one of the landmarks of the city: don’t forget to flip a coin to be sure you will come back to Rome!
The beauty of Piazza Navona will seduce you with the Fountain of Four Rivers by Gian Lorenzo Bernini and the two side fountains that frame the breathtaking square; along the way you will stop by the fountain of Piazza della Rotonda surmounted by an Egyptian obelisk, facing the Pantheon.
Before ending the tour your guide will lead you through the alleys of Campo de’ Fiori area to the impressive Piazza Farnese, where you will admire two twin fountains with granite stone basins located in front of the Farnese Palace, headquarters of the French Embassy in Italy.
Main sites visited
- Piazza del Popolo Fountain
- Spanish Steps and Barcaccia Fountain
- Trevi Fountain
- Piazza Navona
- Farnese Square
- Private guide
- No admission tickets required
- Transports are not included in the price
- No specific dress code is required, however we suggest to wear comfortable shoes
- Upon request we can book a group visit to Palazzo Farnese (entrance tickets are subject to availability at time of booking and are not refundable)