Masterpieces of the Renaissance in Milan walking tour
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Walking tour with private guide|
|Meeting point:||At the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Unveil the beauty of Milan with a private tour that will introduce you to the Renaissance buildings of the city and the astonishing painting collection in the Pinacoteca di Brera.
You will start the tour at the Pinacoteca di Brera housing of the finest art collections in Italy, with paintings by Caravaggio, Raphael, Tintoretto and many other Renaissance artists. After visiting the Gallery your private guide will lead you through the picturesque Brera district, rich in historical buildings and Caffè shops.
Crossing the glass covered Vittorio Emanuele II Shopping Gallery you will arrive straight to the magnificent Duomo Square, the very heart of the city since the Medieval times framed by the old buildings of the Royal Palace and enriched by the imposing Cathedral, with hundreds of spires and statues inlaid into the facade and on top of the roof and dominated by the Madonnina statue.
You will then continue on to Santa Maria presso San Satiro Church, a Renaissance masterpiece by Donato Bramante with one of the first examples of trompe l'oeil in the sacristy painted perspective, and the treasures of Sant’Aquilino Chapel in San Lorenzo’s Basilica, built at Romans times.
Main sites visited
- Pinacoteca di Brera collection
- Santa Maria Presso San Satiro Church
- Duomo square and Royal Palace (from outside)
- Vittorio Emanuele II Shopping Gallery
- San Lorenzo's Basilica
- Private official guide
- Pinacoteca di Brera admission tickets
- No other admission tickets required
- Transports are not included in the price
- Shorts, tank tops and sleeveless garments are not allowed in churches, therefore in summer you can carry a sweater or other item of clothing to wrap around your bare shoulders before entering any holy sites.
- Upon request we can purchase the admission tickets to the Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci: please note that tickets are always subject to availability and they are not refundable at time of booking.