Treasures of Naples walking tour
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Walking tour with private guide|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Enjoy a fascinating walk into the heart of Naples with a private guide who will make you discover the incomparable beauty of the old city, declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
You will visit Naples Cathedral, a true masterpiece of the baroque style in Naples, and the inner Royal Chapel with the famous Treasure of San Gennaro, that was built as ex-voto for the patron saint of the city; you will also admire the 14th century frescoes in the Minutolo Chapel, mentioned in Boccaccio’s Decameron, and the fine painting of the Assumption by Piero Perugino.
Walking along the the old roman street so-called Spaccanapoli you will arrive to San Gregorio Armeno church, a Baroque complex located in the narrow cobble stoned alley famous worldwide for the Neapolitan nativity workshops. A few steps away you will find the church of the Gesù Nuovo, a former palace built in 1470 for Roberto Sanseverino, Prince of Salerno.
Passing by the imposing Maschio Angioino castle, the San Carlo opera house and shopping gallery Umberto I you will finally reach the astonishing Piazza del Plebiscito, crowned by the Royal Palace and the neoclassical church of San Francesco di Paola with an impressive colonnade.
Main sites visited
- Naples Cathedral and Treasure of San Gennaro
- San Gregorio Armeno church
- Piazza del Plebiscito
- Maschio Angioino castle (from outside)
- San Carlo opera house
- Private official guide
- Naples Cathedral and Treasure of San Gennaro admission tickets
- No other admission tickets required
- Transports are not included in the price
- Shorts, tank tops and sleeveless garments are not allowed in churches, therefore in summer you can carry a sweater or other item of clothing to wrap around your bare shoulders before entering any holy sites
- For this walking tour we suggest to wear comfortable shoes