Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius excursion
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Private tour with English speaking driver and official guide|
|Meeting point:||At the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Discover the beauty of Pompeii, one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world that has been preserved for almost two thousand years, after the Vesuvius eruption.
At your arrival in Pompeii you will meet a private guide who will give you a vivid portrait of life at Romans times, showing you the villas (Domus) with magnificent frescoes and mosaics, the Temples of Jupiter and Apollo, the big Amphitheatre and the other monuments of the ancient city, that was completely buried under ash and pumice during the eruption of the Vesuvius in 79 AD and has been declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
There is no better place than the Naples area where you could taste the original Italian pizza and your driver could suggest you a good restaurant for a lunch break. Afterwards you will enjoy breathtaking views of the Naples Gulf, while ascending the Mount Vesuvius up 1000 meters!
You will return to your hotel at the end of the day after an immersion in the past history and terrific landscapes, that will leave you unforgettable memories of this excursion.
Main sites visited
- Pompeii archaeological site
- Mount Vesuvius
- Naples Gulf
- Amalfi Coast area
- Private transportation with driver
- Official guide for two hours
- Pompeii admission tickets
- No other admission tickets required
- Extras and meals are not included in the price
- Especially in summer weather could be quite hot, therefore we recommend to bring with you water, head cover, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion
- No specific dress code is required, however we suggest to wear comfortable shoes