Leonardo and Michelangelo in Florence walking tour
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Walking tour with private guide|
|Meeting point:||At the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Discover with a private tour how Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo Buonarroti, symbols of the Renaissance spirit in Florence, deeply influenced the features of the city.
You will admire the astonishing Cappelle Medicee (Medici Chapels) designed by Michelangelo inside the monumental San Lorenzo’s Basilica, where all the members of the powerful Medici family are buried. Walking through the commercial district renovated by the architectural projects of the two Masters you will arrive to the civic and religious centre of the city with the Florence Cathedral and Baptistery doors called by Michelangelo Gates of Paradise, the copy of Michelangelo's David in Piazza della Signoria and the nearby Leonardo statue.
Leonardo's father was a notary working in the medieval Bargello Palace, the eldest public building in Florence and a former barracks and prison, now a surprising museum hosting masterpieces by Michelangelo, Donatello and many other artists that you will enjoy with your private guide.
The rivalry between Leonardo and Michelangelo is renowned and you will also stand where the public row between the two genius of the Renaissance over their respective works took place!
Main sites visited
- Medici Chapels
- San Lorenzo's Basilica
- Bargello Museum collection
- Florence Baptistery doors
- Piazza della Signoria
- Leonardo da Vinci statue
- Private official guide
- Medici Chapels admission tickets
- Bargello Museum admission tickets
- Other admission tickets are not included
- Transports are not included in the price
- Shorts, tank tops and sleeveless garments are not allowed in churches, therefore in summer you can carry a sweater or other item of clothing to wrap around your bare shoulders before entering any holy sites
- To visit some churches you could be asked a symbolic contribution used for maintenance and restoration of artworks, to be paid on the spot