San Gimignano and Volterra excursion
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Private tour with English speaking driver|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Immerse yourself in the Tuscany countryside, world renowned for its wines and medieval villages perfectly preserved such as San Gimignano, the Town of Fine Towers, and Volterra.
You will be astonished by the unmistakable skyline of San Gimignano with about a dozen towers and the medieval walls. Placed in the route of the Via Francigena, the town still hosts many churches and monasteries with paintings of the Sienese and Florentine Schools and has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
San Gimignano is also known for the white wine, Vernaccia, that you will taste combined to local products stopping at a winery. Afterwards you will proceed to Volterra, a former Etruscan town with defensive wall more than seven kilometers long erected to enclose the urban centre in the 4th century BC, that nowadays still maintains the medieval atmosphere thanks to its Cathedral and Piazza dei Priori, the very heart of civic life since the 13th century.
At the end of the day your private guide will bring you back to your hotel with unforgettable memories and fabulous pictures of the Tuscany treasures.
Main sites visited
- San Gimignano town
- Volterra town
- Tuscany countryside
- Private transportation with driver
- Aperitif with wine tasting and appetizers
- Other admission tickets are not included
- Extras and meals are not included in the price
- To visit some churches you could be asked a symbolic contribution used for maintenance and restoration of artworks, to be paid on the spot
- Especially in summer weather could be quite hot, therefore we recommend to bring with you water, head cover, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion