Montalcino and Pienza excursion
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Private tour with English speaking driver|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Enjoy a day in the charming Tuscany with your private driver, discovering the perfect harmony between man and nature so well expressed in the Val D’Orcia area.
On the way to Montalcino you will admire the imposing Abbey of Sant'Antimo built outside the town walls, then you will enter the medieval village characterized by the fortress made of stone of the 13th century, the Cathedral and the ancient town hall. You will also taste the Brunello di Montalcino red wine before arriving to the nearby Pienza: deeply renovated in the early 15th century by Pope Pius II Piccolomini, it is considered a touchstone of Renaissance urbanism, famous also for the Pecorino cheese production.
You will then reach Buonconvento, a small town perfectly preserved that was entirely built with bricks. Located in the area of Crete Senesi, it is the perfect example of a 14th century village and it also conceals a ghost story that you will hear while tasting regional products and wines!
You will be back at your hotel after a day spent along the Tuscany hills with vineyards and olive groves but also rich in historical buildings and sites declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Main sites visited
- Pienza town
- Montalcino town
- Tuscany countryside
- Buonconvento town
- Private transportation with driver
- Aperitif with wine tasting and appetizers
- Other admission tickets are not included
- Extras and meals are not included in the price
- To visit some churches you could be asked a symbolic contribution used for maintenance and restoration of artworks, to be paid on the spot
- Especially in summer weather could be quite hot, therefore we recommend to bring with you water, head cover, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion