Siena and Chianti area excursion
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Private tour with English speaking driver and official guide|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Enjoy a day out of Florence discovering the Chianti countryside with private transport and walking along the medieval alleys in Siena with a guide at your complete disposal.
You will stop in Siena for a walking tour with a private guide that will include the main sites of the city, including the imposing Palazzo Comunale (Siena’s town hall) with the high Mangia Tower, Piazza del Campo in which the famous Palio horse race takes place every summer, the Cathedral built in the 12th century and many others.
Chianti area is famous all over the world for the prize-winning wines and the astonishing villages preserved over the centuries such us Monteriggioni, that you will explore with your private driver. You will also stop at a vineyard in Greve in Chianti, where you will enjoy the wine cellar visit and a taste of the inimitable wines together with cheeses and other products of the local cuisine.
Your driver will bring you back to the hotel after a memorable day in Tuscany, a land of boundless beauty with hundreds of years of art and history to discover.
Main sites visited
- Piazza del Campo in Siena
- Palazzo Pubblico in Siena (from outside)
- Siena's Cathedral and Baptistery
- Monteriggioni town
- Greve in Chianti area
- Private transportation with driver
- Official guide for two hours
- Aperitif with wine tasting and appetizers
- Other admission tickets are not included
- Extras and meals are not included in the price
- To visit some churches you could be asked a symbolic contribution used for maintenance and restoration of artworks, to be paid on the spot
- Especially in summer weather could be quite hot, therefore we recommend to bring with you water, head cover, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion