Pisa and Lucca excursion
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Private tour with English speaking driver and official guide|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Enjoy a day out of Florence with your driver to the wonderful cities of Pisa and Lucca rich in art and history and discover the Squares of Miracles with a knowledgeable guide.
At your arrival in Pisa you will meet your private guide, who will show you all the wonders of Piazza dei Miracoli (Square of Miracles), proclaimed a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. You will see the rounded Baptistery and the imposing Pisa Cathedral, where the patron saint of the city St. Ranieri and the Holy Roman Emperor Henry VII are buried.
You will also enjoy the other marbled buildings of the huge square with a recurring motif of pillars and small arches including the Leaning Tower, the very landmark of the city. You will then proceed to Lucca: here you will step on the walls of the city still intact and you will admire the main Medieval buildings of this enchanting town.
Before heading towards your hotel you will stop at Palazzo Pfanner, a jewel of the architecture of the 17th century surrounded by exquisite Baroque gardens and gushing fountains.
Main sites visited
- Pisa Cathedral and Baptistery
- Square of Miracles and historical centre of Pisa
- Lucca town
- Palazzo Pfanner and gardens
- Private transportation with driver
- Official guide in Pisa for two hours
- Pisa Cathedral and Baptistery admission tickets
- Palazzo Pfanner in Lucca admission tickets
- Other admission tickets are not included
- Extras and meals are not included in the price
- Shorts, tank tops and sleeveless garments are not allowed in churches, therefore in summer you can carry a sweater or other item of clothing to wrap around your bare shoulders before entering any holy sites.
- Upon request we can purchase the admission tickets to the Pisa Leaning Tower: please note that tickets are always subject to availability and they are not refundable at time of booking