Discovering Florence and the Uffizi Gallery
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Walking tour with private guide|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
The influence of the Renaissance culture is everywhere in Florence and your private guide will introduce you to the main sites of the city and the Uffizi Gallery masterpieces.
With more than two thousand artworks, the Uffizi Gallery is one of the most complete art collection of Italian artists such as Botticelli, Caravaggio, Da Vinci, Canaletto, Michelangelo and many others. Your guide will make you discover the main pieces of this impressive museum and you will also enjoy a breathtaking view of the city and the Arno river from the rooftop terrace.
You will continue on to the Ponte Vecchio bridge, the eldest bridge of Florence built on the Arno river in the 14th century. In the past it hosted butchers, greengrocers and fishmongers shops then replaced with goldsmiths. Crossing again the bridge you will admire the many statues and monuments in Piazza della Signoria, including a copy of Michelangelo’s David and the Neptune Fountain called The Biancone, the first public fountain in Florence.
Then you will proceed to the Franciscan Santa Croce’s Basilica, known as the Pantheon of the Italian Glories because of the hundreds of artists buried there: Michelangelo, Galileo, Rossini, Machiavelli and many others, with funeral monuments built all around the church for over five hundred years.
Main sites visited
- Uffizi Gallery collection
- Ponte Vecchio
- Piazza della Signoria
- Santa Croce’s Basilica
- Michelangelo’s tomb
- Private official guide
- Uffizi Gallery admission tickets
- Santa Croce’s Basilica admission tickets
- No other admission tickets required
- Transports are not included in the price
- Shorts, tank tops and sleeveless garments are not allowed in churches, therefore in summer you can carry a sweater or other item of clothing to wrap around your bare shoulders before entering a church or other holy sites.
- For this walking tour we suggest to wear comfortable shoes