Florence Highlights and Accademia walking tour
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Walking tour with private guide|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Enjoy a fascinating walking tour through the historical centre of Florence with a private guide who will unveil history and art of the City of the Renaissance.
You will start the journey admiring Michelangelo’s masterpieces preserved in the Accademia Gallery, the famous David and the Prisoners. After the visit you will walk along the intricate streets of the city passing through the main sites and you will enter into the Orsanmichele church, decorated with statues representing the patron saints of the merchants and artisans’ associations sculptured by Donatello, Brunelleschi, Verrocchio and other artists.
You will see the Florence cathedral, one of the landmarks of the city crowned by the giant Brunelleschi’s dome that keeps a secret to reveal. The religious centre is a few metres away from the political centre represented by Piazza della Signoria, where you will admire Palazzo Vecchio and the other symbols of the civic life since Medieval times.
Arriving to the famous Leather market of the city don’t forget to rub the boar’s snout of the statue Il Porcellino to ensure your return to Florence! Finally you will step on Ponte Vecchio, the stone covered bridge nowadays renowned for the many jewelleries.
Main sites visited
- Accademia Gallery collection with Michelangelo’s David
- Piazza della Signoria
- Santa Maria del Fiore’s Basilica (Florence cathedral)
- Orsanmichele church
- Ponte Vecchio
- Private official guide
- Accademia Gallery admission tickets
- No other admission tickets required
- Transports are not included in the price
- Shorts, tank tops and sleeveless garments are not allowed in churches, therefore in summer you can carry a sweater or other item of clothing to wrap around your bare shoulders before entering a church or other holy sites.
- For this walking tour we suggest to wear comfortable shoes.