Leonardo Da Vinci and Milan walking tour
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Walking tour with private guide|
|Meeting point:||At the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Explore the city of Milan where Leonardo Da Vinci lived and worked for more than 25 years with a private tour that will make you discover a patrimony of art and history.
Walking along the fashionable streets of the historical centre you will admire the medieval Castello Sforzesco (Sforza Castle), owned by the Dukes of Milan and decorated by artists such as Bramante and Da Vinci. You will see the statue depicting the Master La Scala Theatre Square, Milan’s opera house where Giuseppe Verdi and many other notable musicians and composers performed.
Passing through the shopper’s paradise Gallery Vittorio Emanuele II, that made Milan one of the fashion world’s capitals, you will arrive to the astonishing Cathedral or Duomo, the very symbol of the city built in a Gothic style on a previous church founded by St. Ambrose in the 4th century.
Your private guide will then introduce you to the Pinacoteca Ambrosiana that encloses canvas by Titian, Caravaggio and Da Vinci, and the original copy of the Codex Atlanticus collecting most of the innovative projects designed by the great Genius!
Main sites visited
- Milan Cathedral or Duomo
- Pinacoteca Ambrosiana collection
- Codex Atlanticus by Leonardo Da Vinci
- Sforza Castle and gardens
- La Scala Theatre Square
- Shopping Gallery Vittorio Emanuele II
- Private official guide
- Pinacoteca Ambrosiana and Codex Atlanticus admission tickets
- No other admission tickets required
- Transports are not included in the price
- Upon request we can purchase the admission tickets to the Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci: please note that tickets are always subject to availability and they are not refundable at time of booking
- Shorts, tank tops and sleeveless garments are not allowed in churches, therefore in summer you can carry a sweater or other item of clothing to wrap around your bare shoulders before entering any holy sites