Murano and Burano excursion
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Private escorted tour with motorboat service|
|Meeting point:||At the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Discover hundreds of years of traditions and unchanged art processes just out of Venice, visiting Murano and Burano islands with a private motorboat at your complete disposal.
From your hotel you will reach by boat one of the biggest island around Venice, Murano, renowned all over the world for the handcrafted glass blown artefacts still made with the ancient technique. You will assist to a demonstration of the glass making process handed down over the centuries, as an expert craftsman will form the molten glass by literally blowing it throw a tube.
After exploring the beauties of the island you will proceed to Burano island, a fishermen’s village characterized by multi-coloured houses with an old tradition behind, that your escort will share with you. Walking along the small island you will come across hidden corners that still preserve the true atmosphere of the Venetian lagoon in former times.
After lunch heading for your hotel you will enjoy the magnificence of Venice from the water, an unexpected point of view for admiring the landmarks of the Floating City.
Main sites visited
- Murano island
- Traditional blowing glass factory in Murano
- Burano island
- Private motorboat service
- English speaking escort
- Venetian traditional aperitif
- No admission tickets required
- Extras and meals are not included in the price
- Especially in summer weather could be quite hot, therefore we recommend to bring with you water, head cover, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion.
- To visit some churches you could be asked a symbolic contribution used for maintenance and restoration of artworks, to be paid on the spot.