Tivoli and Villa D'Este excursion
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Private tour with English speaking driver and official guide|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Discover the enchanting town of Tivoli and the idyllic gardens of Villa D’Este with a private excursion that will show you the meaning of fusion between man and nature.
Villa D’Este gardens are renowned for the Italian perspective design and fountains creating cascades, pools and spectacular water jets that you will enjoy during the walk with your private guide. The Villa itself is a masterpiece of the Renaissance: built by the Cardinal Ippolito II D’Este in the 16th century, it encloses fine artworks and ceiling frescoes from the Roman school.
Proceeding to downtown Tivoli you will see medieval churches and buildings still well preserved, until you will reach the surprising Villa Gregoriana, built underneath the Sybil Temple by Pope Gregorius XVI in 1835 as an intricate combination of small woodlands and waterfalls with paths leading to the caves of Neptune and the Sirens.
On your way back to Rome you will still have the chance to enjoy the outstanding Rocca Pia Castle, a landmark of Tivoli unfortunately not opened to the public, and the ancient Roman ruins in the Tivoli countryside.
Main sites visited
- Villa D'Este and gardens
- Rocca Pia Castle (from outside)
- Tivoli town
- Sibyl Temple
- Villa Gregoriana
- Private transportation with driver
- Official guide for two hours
- Villa D'Este admission tickets
- No other admission tickets required
- Extras and meals are not included in the price
- Especially in summer weather could be quite hot, therefore we recommend to bring with you water, head cover, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion
- No specific dress code is required, however we suggest to wear comfortable shoes