Vatican and Sistine's Chapel tour
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Walking tour with private guide|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Enter into the smallest State of the world without waiting in line and take advantage of an expert guide for visiting the Vatican galleries, the Sistine’s Chapel and the Saint Peter’s Basilica.
This private tour will make you discover not only the breathtaking art collections enclosed in the Vatican museums founded by Pope Julius II in the early 16th century, but also the magnificent architecture that makes it one of the most beautiful museums of the world with paintings and sculptures that used to be personal collections of many Popes.
Walking along the Vatican galleries you will admire artworks by Leonardo da Vinci, Caravaggio, Titian and many others towards the four Raphael’s rooms with the stunning fresco of the School of Athens. Then you will enter into the Sistine’s Chapel where new Popes are elected by the cardinals on the conclave, decorated by the ceiling fresco The Last Judgement by Michelangelo.
Continue to the biggest church in the world, the Saint Peter’s Basilica with the touching Michelangelo’s Pietà and the imposing canopy by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, finally you will enjoy the view of the huge square designed by Bernini discovering the bizarre trick of the colonnade!
Main sites visited
- Vatican museums
- Sistine's Chapel
- Raphael rooms
- Saint Peter's Basilica
- Private official guide
- Vatican museums admission tickets
- No other admission tickets required
- Transports are not included in the price
- It is mandatory to deposit bags, tripods for cameras and video cameras, umbrellas and sharp objects in the cloakroom of the museum before entering the exhibition
- Shorts, tank tops, sleeveless garments and hats are not allowed, therefore the Vatican museums department recommends to wear appropriately for the visit.