Colosseum and Appian Way tour
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
|Tour Type||Private Car tour with driver and official guide|
|Meeting point:||at the hotel|
|Meeting time:||at your choice|
Enjoy a day in Rome discovering the Ancient Rome and early Christian catacombs.
Experience life at Romans time visiting the Colosseum, one of the symbols of the city also known as Flavian Amphitheatre, the Roman Forums and the Palatine Hill, the most famous of the seven hills of Rome. Then you will proceed to the ruins of the Circus Maximus on your way to the “Via Appia” or Appian way, where you could see traces of the most powerful families of the Ancient Rome: the tomb of Cecilia Metella, the ruins of the Circus of Maxentius and many others.
The Appian way are also notorious for the early Christians buries and underground churches. Early Christian and Jewish Catacombs can still be visited today with its mosaics, paintings and precious crypts such as the Catacombs of St. Callixtus, Domitilla and St. Sebastian.
Main sites visited
- Roman Forums
- Palatine Hill
- Appian way
- Circus Maximus
- Private transportation with driver
- Official guide
- Colosseum and Roman Forums admission tickets
- Other admission tickets and meals
- Especially in summer weather could be quite hot, therefore we recommend to bring with you water, head cover, sunglasses and sunscreen lotion
- No specific dress code is required, however we suggest to wear comfortable shoes.